24 February 2002

I was listening to this (Vineyard's "Hungry") in Skip's car on the way home from service this morning:

Hungry, I come to You for I know You satisfy
I am empty, but I know Your love does not run dry
And so I wait for You, so I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide
I am weary, but I know Your touch restores my life
And so I wait for You, I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for


And I started thinking: Everywhere people talk about "waiting on the Lord" and I realized that I'm not entirely sure what that means....so I looked the word "wait" up:

"Wait": (n) a state or attitude of watchfulness or expectancy; a hidden or concealed position; (v) to remain inactive in readiness or expectation; to be ready

And I interpreted that to mean that waiting isn't a passive thing. It is active, something you do...waiting on the Lord is something you determine to do not something you stumble in to...you set yourself aside (hidden, concealed position) to wait...I don't know, I'm still stumbling through this...however, that's what I'm thinking of right now...

No comments: